Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Homemade Fudgesicles



This is a guest post by my wonderful sister. She's been pestering me to let her post something so here is her post on some homemade fudgesicles that she made recently. Having been part of the unofficial taste testing panel I give these my stamp of approval. This the popsicle mold used to make these fudgesicles.

Hi There!!!I am guest posting today and I am very excited!! Woot Woot!! I have never blogged before in my life.  So growing up, these were one of my favorite ice cream pops to eat. I am a chocoholic and love anything flavored with chocolate.Any who, as a mom, I try to make anything and everything possible from scratch.  I have made chocolate and vanilla ice cream at home and the results exceed anything store bought.  It's a win win situation when I can make something homemade,  the quality of the flavor can't compare and you know what is going into what you are making.  I first saw these on Brown Eyed Baker, one of my favorite blogs, and I couldn't wait to try them.   I substituted a couple of things because I used what I had in the kitchen.  It was daughter and kid sister approved, it doesn't get any better than that :).



Homemade Fudgesicles

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
3 tablespoons of Dutch Cocoa Powder
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter


Directions:
1.  In a double boiler, place chocolate chips with 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream.  Melt the chocolate completely while stirring frequently.

2.  In a medium saucepan, pour the melted chocolate, sugar, remainder of heavy cream, milk, cornstarch, cocoa powder.  Stir until everything is well combined.  Cook over medium heat for about ten minutes until the mixture thickens.  

3.  Once it has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and the vanilla.

4.  Cool the mixture down until it is lukewarm.  Pour the liquid into the molds and insert the popsicle sticks.  Freeze them completely.  It took a few hours until mine were frozen but quite honestly I didn't time it.

Source: Brown Eyed Baker


**If you don't have any popsicle molds, you can always use good old fashion paper cups and popsicle sticks.  Pour the liquid into the cup, place aluminum foil- I made a two layer sheet over the cup and cover.  Then the last step is: make a slash in the middle of the aluminum foil and insert the stick**

I hope everyone tries these as they are WICKED AWESOME!! Thank you to everyone who visits this site.  Post a comment if anyone tries these and I will make sure my sister will let me know. Stay safe everyone and enjoy these popsicles.

This post was linked up at: Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment