Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mario Birthday Party: Chocolate Mario Mustaches



When looking for ideas for my niece's Mario themed birthday party on Pinterest I saw chocolate mustaches. These fit the party theme so perfectly that we had to make them. The problem was we didn't have a mustache mold to make them. So the first thing I did was look online for a mustache mold. I chose this one from Amazon. It had good reviews and a good price at only $4.99.

These are so simple to make, but make a great addition to any Mario birthday party.

First, I made a double boiler using a sauce pan full of boiling water and a small bowl. I melted about 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks. Then, I cut some sticks that we had left over from making cake pops so that they would fit inside the mold. I poured the chocolate into each mustache in the mold and put it in the refrigerator to harden for a few hours. Once they had hardened we excitedly popped them out and had fun acting like we had fancy mustaches.


No comments:

Post a Comment